Compact LWIR Thermal Camera Core
- The FLIR Boson® 640 Longwave Infrared (LWIR) Thermal Camera Core sets a new standard for size, weight, power, and performance.
- It has a 12 µm pitch vanadium oxide (VOx) uncooled detector, a resolution of 640 x 512 and it’s available with various lens options, so you’re sure to find a configuration that’s just right for your next project.
- Boson’s advanced image processing, video analytics, peripheral sensor drivers, and industry-standard communication interfaces make integration easy.
- COMING SOON! A new release of Boson software (v 2.1) pending within the next couple of weeks will bring about:
- Improved image quality through various new and improved noise filters for shutterless configurations (also benefits shuttered cameras)
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 (formerly called USB 3.0 and also called USB 3.2 Gen 1 x 1)
- External Sync fully validated
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and optimizations
- This product has a 1 – 8 week estimated delivery time. Expediting may be possible. Contact us for more information.
- Unmatched Image Sensitivity
- Advanced Image Processing
- Video Analytics
- Peripheral Sensor Drivers
- Integrates into Embedded Systems
- Small Size
- Various available lens options
- Detector Array: Uncooled VOx Microbolometer
- Pixel Pitch: 12 µm
- Pixel Resolution: 640 x 512
- Spectral Band: 7.5 µm – 13.5 µm
- Thermal Sensitivity (NETD): < 40 mK (Industrial), < 50 mK (Professional), < 60 mk (Consumer)
- Frame Rate: 60 Hz baseline, 30 Hz runtime selectable, ≤9 Hz available
- Dynamic Range: 14 bit
- Operation Range: -40 °C to 80 °C
- Storage Range: -50 °C to 105 °C
- Pixel Operability: > 99% 1500
- G Shock @ 0.4 msec
- Dimensions (without lens): 21 mm x 21 mm x 11 mm (H x W x D ± 0.5 mm)
- Weight (without lens): 7.5 g
- UART or USB for Power & Data
- Peripheral Channels: I2C, SPI, SDIO
- Video Channels: CMOS or USB2
- Continuous Electronic Zoom: 1x to 8x zoom
- f-number: 1.1
- Image Orientation: Adjustable (vertical flip and / or horizontal flip)
- Non-Uniformity Correction (NUC): Factory calibrated; updated FFCs with FLIR’s Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN™)
- Snapshots: Full-frame snapshot, SDIO interface to support removable media
- Integral Solar protection
- Symbol Overlay: Re-writable each frame; alpha blending for translucent overlay
- Scene Dynamic Range (Gain Mode in parentheses): to +140 °C (high) to +500 °C (low)
- Precision Mounting Holes: Four tapped M16 x 0.35 (rear cover).
- Lens support recommended when lens mass exceeds core mass.
- Input Voltage: 3.3 VDC
- Power Dissipation: Varies by configuration; as low as 500 mW
Flir Boson Datasheet
Access any ICI resource with ease.
To download this product PDF, please enter your email address below.
- 4.9 mm Lens (95° HFOV)
- 8.7 mm Lens (50° HFOV)
- 14 mm Lens (32° HFOV)
- 18 mm Lens (24° HFOV)
- 24 mm Lens (18° HFOV)
- 36 mm Lens (12° HFOV)
- 55 mm Lens (8° HFOV)
- 73 mm Lens (5.5° HFOV)
- Camera Link Accessory Kit (without CL Cable)
- CameraLink and USB interface to Boson video
- USB VPC Kit (VPC & USB-C to USB-A Cable)
- USB interface to Boson for power and adjusting cameras parameters using FLIR Boson GUI.
- USB / Analog Video VPC Kit USB interface to Boson for power and adjusting cameras parameters using FLIR Boson GUI with analog video output via BNC male connector.
- Lens Focus Tool Custom tool to change lens focus.
- Tripod Mount Adapter
- Custom tripod mount with 1/4-20 interface.
- Development PCB
- Full access to Boson 80-pin interface; includes USB 3, 100/GigE Ethernet, CameraLink, Serial Com, Micro SDCard, I2C, SPI, SDIO and VSYNC/RESET, GPIO.
- Process Control
- Industrial Vision Systems
- Aerial Radiometric Imaging
- UAV Integration
- Scientific Research
- Building Automation
- Security Monitoring
You might be interested in:
How to use Infrared Cameras?
Let our experts train you on how to use your infrared system.
Want to test out an infrared solution?
Want to test an infrared camera
out before taking the plunge? Try
before you buy with our rental options.
What finance options are available to you?
Learn about your finance opportunities today.
Request a quote.
Demand for infrared temperature screening systems is up drastically due to coronavirus infections.
ICI is doing all that it can to fulfill all orders and play a major role in stopping COVID-19. Fill out the form below to request a quote on our thermal imaging devices.