What is a thermal camera?
Thermal cameras are sophisticated devices that give users a quick, precise visual of energy emitted from an object. Within seconds, a thermal imaging camera collects data, calculates temperature, and generates an image that depicts the faintest heat signature differences clearly in vibrant color.
Thermal Camera Uses
A myriad of professionals committed to keeping people safe and secure, use a thermographic camera. Here are just a few examples of effective thermal camera uses:
- Arenas & Stadiums: Safety personnel can temperature screen thousands of fans entering a football stadium.
- Security, Search & Rescue: Firefighters can effectively locate danger and victims for search and rescue efforts. Law enforcement and security officers can easily identify intruders hiding under the cover of night.
- Electrical & Building Science: Contractors and electricians can detect leaks or structural flaws within buildings.
- Medical: Medical professionals can quickly assess injuries and screen temperatures to identify individuals who could potentially be ill.
- Animal Control: Farmers can locate dangerous predators hidden by dense forest or foliage and count their cattle at night.
What are the Benefits of Thermal Imaging Cameras?
One of the greatest advantages of using thermal imaging cameras is seeing what is invisible to the naked eye. Blocked views and darkness don’t
inhibit the results — in fact, thermal security cameras can be used in zero light situations.
Thermal imaging is passive and does not emit any radiation. Not only are these non-contact devices safe to use, they help ensure safety.
Dangers like high heat, mold, illness are no match for its power of detection.
Thermal Imaging Products | Best Thermal Camera
Types of Thermal Cameras
Why Choose ICI’s Thermal Imagers?
There is a reason why so many leading companies and institutions trust ICI — we are pioneers of technology that meets the highest industry standards.
- High accuracy thermal cameras
- Medical-grade temperature screening solutions
- Rapid imaging and temperature screening
- Reliable training
- Excellent customer support
We have been a clear industry leader in thermal cameras since 1995 and are proud to be veteran-owned and based in the USA.
Common questions from our customers.
Below are some commonly asked questions regarding thermal cameras.
Thermal imaging falls under the category of infrared imaging science. A thermographic camera uses heat emitted off of an object to present a picture. This technology visualizes the heat to measure the infrared energy of an object. Thermal imaging measures heat rather than light.
Thermal cameras are temperature measurement tools, detecting energy that is invisible to the naked eye. Each pixel detects heat energy radiating from an object and displays it as an image. Each color in the image corresponds to a unique temperature range.
In terms of temperature screening, thermal cameras do not detect or diagnose illnesses. They do, however, identify anyone with a higher than normal skin temperature, which may be indicative of an illness or contagious disease.
Distinct differences in thermal imaging cameras result in a wide variety of types. From fixed mount and handheld cameras to drone mountable technology, different cameras suit different needs. Infrared Cameras Inc. is a leader in thermography. Operating since 1995, we manufacture thermal imaging cameras to fit industry specifications.
ICI’s FM 640 Infrared Camera is our premier thermal camera for temperature screening. Not only does it boast high-tech facial recognition software, but it also yields quick and accurate results.
The level of accuracy depends on the specific device. ICI’s thermal cameras are accurate to a fraction of 1 degree Celsius.
Find Your Perfect Thermal Camera
Discover the ICI difference and learn more about the most innovative and accurate thermal imagers available. Fill out the form below for assistance selecting the right thermal camera for your needs.