- Unmatched Image Sensitivity
- Advanced Image Processing
- Video Analytics
- Peripheral Sensor Drivers
- Integrates into Embedded Systems
- Small Size
- Various available lens options
- Detector Array: Uncooled VOx Microbolometer
- Pixel Pitch: 12 µm
- Pixel Resolution: 640 x 512
- Spectral Band: 7.5 µm-13.5 µm
- NETD Sensitivity:
< 40 mK (Industrial)
< 50 mK (Professional)
< 60 mk (Consumer)
- Frame Rate:
- 60 Hz baseline
- 30 Hz runtime selectable
- ≤9 Hz available
- Dynamic Range: 14 bit
- Operation Range: -40°C to 80°C
- Temperature Range: -50°C to 105°C
- Pixel Operability: > 99%
- 1500 G Shock @ 0.4 msec
- Dimensions (without lens): 21 x 21 x 11 mm
(H x W x D +/- .5 mm)
- Weight (without lens): 7.5 g
- UART or USB for Power & Data
- Peripheral Channels: I2C, SPI, SDIO
- Video Channels: CMOS or USB2
- Continuous Electronic Zoom: 1x to 8x zoom
- f-number: 1.1
- Image Orientation: Adjustable (vertical flip and / or horizontal flip)
- Non-Uniformity Correction (NUC): Factory calibrated; updated FFCs with FLIR’s Silent Shutterless NUC (SSN™)
- Snapshots: Full-frame snapshot, SDIO interface to support removable media
- Integral Solar protection
- Symbol overlay: Re-writable each frame; alpha blending for translucent overlay
- Scene Dynamic Range [Gain Mode in parentheses]: to +140 °C (high) to +500 °C (low)
- Precision Mounting Holes: Four tapped M16 x 0.35 (rear cover). Lens support recommended when lens mass exceeds core mass.
- Input Voltage: 3.3 VDC
- Power Dissipation: Varies by configuration; as low as 500 mW
- 4.9 mm Lens (95° HFOV)
- 8.7 mm Lens (50° HFOV)
- 14 mm Lens (32° HFOV)
- 18 mm Lens (24° HFOV)
- 24 mm Lens (18° HFOV)
- 36 mm Lens (12° HFOV)
- 55 mm Lens (8° HFOV)
- 73 mm Lens (5.5° HFOV)
Camera Link Accessory Kit (without CL Cable)
- CameraLink and USB interface to Boson video
USB VPC Kit (VPC & USB-C to USB-A Cable)
- USB interface to Boson for power and adjusting cameras parameters using FLIR Boson GUI.
USB / Analog Video VPC Kit
- USB interface to Boson for power and adjusting cameras parameters using FLIR Boson GUI with analog video output via BNC male connector.
Lens Focus Tool
- Custom tool to change lens focus.
Tripod Mount Adapter
- Custom tripod mount with 1/4-20 interface.
- Full access to Boson 80-pin interface; includes USB 3, 100/GigE Ethernet, CameraLink, Serial Com, Micro SDCard, I2C, SPI, SDIO and VSYNC/RESET, GPIO.
With the new release of Boson software (v 2.1) coming within the next couple of weeks what other things do I need to know?
- Does Boson support External Syncing ?
- Yes, external sync is fully validated, but depending on the camera vintage, apps engineering may need to help enable it. External sync has been validated, however operating at a frame rate other than 60 Hz will result in diminished image quality.
- What is the time constant of Boson?
- Approximately 8-10 ms. Please keep in mind that time constant is not a specified, controlled, tested, or reported characteristic on production cameras.
- Status of Radiometry for Boson?
- Although engineering resources may be committed to this task in 2019, it’s unlikely that Radiometry will be released earlier than 2020.